Latest addition to the "family" - Redhead Genesis Jr

GalBarnea

Hi folks,

Wanted to share my latest addition to the "family" with an 1989 (i think...) Genesis Jr I picked up on Craigslist over the weekend.

I was looking for a Jr for a while now as a "starter grill" for my son to match my own redhead Genesis 1000, and when I saw it on CL, I thought this was in a much worse state and would need some work but I was pleasantly surprised to see it is in great shape!
Seems to have been used lightly and kept well, shelf bars look great, and even the owner's manual was included :)

I don't plan on doing too much really, it's missing the catch pan, and can use some work on the grates/bars but it should be good to go.

IMG_20200706_073652.jpgIMG_20200706_073704.jpg

Cheers,
Gal

Excellent find there. A very good specimen of a relatively rare grill. What about a swing table or bottom shelf?

Gal,
Congratulations on the Junior find.
If you want to read up what I did with mine you can read here-

or you can read about Drew's "Fire Breathing Dragon " :p here-

Have fun with the restoration and ask if you have any questions, we'd be glad to help.

Jeff

Hi folks,

Wanted to share my latest addition to the "family" with an 1989 (i think...) Genesis Jr I picked up on Craigslist over the weekend.

I was looking for a Jr for a while now as a "starter grill" for my son to match my own redhead Genesis 1000, and when I saw it on CL, I thought this was in a much worse state and would need some work but I was pleasantly surprised to see it is in great shape!
Seems to have been used lightly and kept well, shelf bars look great, and even the owner's manual was included :)

I don't plan on doing too much really, it's missing the catch pan, and can use some work on the grates/bars but it should be good to go.

View attachment 8736View attachment 8737

Cheers,
Gal

Stunning! If you need some miscellaneous bits, let me know. I have some random stuff left over from my non-standard Junior build. Congrats!

Excellent find there. A very good specimen of a relatively rare grill. What about a swing table or bottom shelf?

They're on the long term plans :) I'm actually not a fan of the swing table, so may leave it out...

Gal,
Congratulations on the Junior find.
If you want to read up what I did with mine you can read here-

or you can read about Drew's "Fire Breathing Dragon " :p here-

Have fun with the restoration and ask if you have any questions, we'd be glad to help.

Jeff

Jeff - great tips, thanks!

Stunning! If you need some miscellaneous bits, let me know. I have some random stuff left over from my non-standard Junior build. Congrats!

Thanks for the offer, Drew

Nice score, Gal. Was this from the Craigslist seller in the Danville/San Ramon area? If so, I've been eyeing that for a few days and I just sent them an email requesting availability info. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this is that grill - it looks just like the one in the Craigslist ad.

Kevin

Nice score, Gal. Was this from the Craigslist seller in the Danville/San Ramon area? If so, I've been eyeing that for a few days and I just sent them an email requesting availability info. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this is that grill - it looks just like the one in the Craigslist ad.

Kevin
Indeed it was!

Nice - I hate it when these Craigslist sellers don't take down their ads in a timely fashion after selling their items. Judging from the comments here you got yourself a nice score. Did you end up paying the list price? I was going to offer $40.

Kevin

Back