Last night's smoke

Jamie Berry

TVWBB Fan
My folks were leaving for vacation and i agreed to smoke a couple turkey breats for them. I decided to go ahead and do a couple butts. Had issues keeping the temp up so i never really fell asleep. But i was on time to work this morning! Here are some pics:

IMG_2506.JPG

IMG_2508.JPG

IMG_2509.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob E:
Looks great, what temp issues did you have? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My bag of kingsford got rained on yesterday afternoon. Weatherman lied. ha! I started the cook at 300 for the turkey breasts and then when they finished i lowered the temp by adding some water to the water pan/ adjusting the vents and put on the butts. I woke up three times during the night to check temp and everytime it was floating around 200 and i would stoke and get it up to 230 or so and go back to bed. At 5:30 it was at 200 again so i finished them in the oven because i needed to go to work. I don't think my boss would understand if i said i was late b/c my que wasn't ready this morning. I can't wait for dinner tonight though

I have to agree, great color on the turkeys, and that Bark, looks very tasty too! Thanks for the pics, we love pics here
icon_smile.gif

Back