Lamb on the rotisserie

Rich_S

TVWBB Member
From yesterday.

Whole leg of lamb, homemade herbs de provence rub, almost an entire bulb of garlic.

lamb1.jpg

Ready to go on the rotisserie.

lamb2.jpg

On the rotisserie.

lamb3.jpg

In motion.

lamb4.jpg

A little over 2 hours later, done.

lamb5.jpg

Perfect!!! Rich I have the same rotisserie, did you find it was hard to balance it because it was not uniform in size? Was that bone in? The reason I ask is a friend wants me to do one for them, I am a bit apprehensive in term of getting it balanced. How much did it weigh? I am going to PM you.

Perfect!!! Rich I have the same rotisserie, did you find it was hard to balance it because it was not uniform in size? Was that bone in? The reason I ask is a friend wants me to do one for them, I am a bit apprehensive in term of getting it balanced. How much did it weigh? I am going to PM you.

A hair over 7.5 lbs. Bone in. No issues whatsoever with balance. I've rotisseried everything imaginable from legs of lamb to chickens to turkeys to various beef roasts. As long as you get the clamps on in the right places and tighten them down there aren't any issues.

Perfect roast Rich, love it. The Herbs de Provence are my favorite. Mind my asking what recipe you used for the home made version?

Perfect roast Rich, love it. The Herbs de Provence are my favorite. Mind my asking what recipe you used for the home made version?

3T Basil
1T Thyme
3T Marjoram
3T Rosemary
3T Oregano
1/2 tsp Powdered Bay Leaf
1tsp Black Pepper
1T Salt

So not quite traditional but quite good.

Lamb is a favorite, and the rotisserie makes everything great.

I never see it bone-in around here, but Sam's has the boned for about $25. Bargain.

Back