l@@king for a Rib Rub... not too hot...

Jeff Fox

Hoping to find a good rib rub recipe that is not hot... I am doing some bb ribs this weekend and don't want them to be too hot for my kids. I am also wondering if I try to make my own with a found recipe just modified.. Is it the paprika or cayene (or both) that makes it hot..? The plan is to make a nice rub that will compliment Sweet Baby Ray's sauce.. Thanks for any help you could give me...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Fox:
Hoping to find a good rib rub recipe that is not hot... I am doing some bb ribs this weekend and don't want them to be too hot for my kids. I am also wondering if I try to make my own with a found recipe just modified.. Is it the paprika or cayene (or both) that makes it hot..? The plan is to make a nice rub that will compliment Sweet Baby Ray's sauce.. Thanks for any help you could give me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SBR's is really sweet and heavy. If you like that much sweetness, I would just smoke them without rub or just rub them with a little salt and pepper and finish with the sauce at the end.

I'm not a fan of Sweet Baby Ray's at all.

Jeff, if you have a recipe that looks good....just cut the hot pepper portion by 1/3 to 1/2 and/or use less.

Do what folks do who need to restrict salt-just do it for the peppers.

Thanks... That is what I decided to do. I found a good one and dropped the cayene but used the chili powder that it called for... not both. I will see how it goes tomorrow... THANKS AGAIN.

Back