Knife source question

Bill Rickert

TVWBB Fan
Has anyone had any experience with Smokey Mountain Knife Works? I'm looking at Forschner knives and they have some great prices.

I've ordered from them and never had a problem. They do have a very wide selection, especially for folders.

Paul

I use to live near them. Their store is unbelievable (if you ever get to TN, it's worth the time to visit). Order away. You'll get what you order....good stuff.

Thanks all. That's where I'll make my order. I'm orderring:

4" paring
6" boning
8" Chefs
10" Cimeter
14" Granton Edge Slicer

Bill - enjoy your knives. For what it's worth, I've found my Forschner chef's knife to be outstanding. It really keeps an edge and is very well balanced. I've had it for over a year and kept it sharp just by using a steel on it regularly. I reach for it even before my much more expensive Global knife.

Breaking knifes are used by buchers to break down a whole carcass, normally a large cimter knife with thick back bone, mine are 14" knifes.
Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bill - enjoy your knives. For what it's worth, I've found my Forschner chef's knife to be outstanding. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto DWolf's experience with Forschners. I have a dozen Forschner's and can recommend them without reservation. Buy with confidence from Smokey Mountain Knife Works - it is an excellent outfit do deal with .....

Hi Bill, I recently got the 6" boning and Granton slicer. The boning knife made quick and clean work deboning a butt for bacon cure, and HERE is a pic of the slicer in action. Got thin slices effortlessly.

Enjoy!

Back