Kitchen Shears

For those of you who like butterflied (spatchcocked) chicken, I recently purchased a new set of Messermeister kitchen shears that work wonderfully, are easy to clean, and are relatively inexpensive.

Cuts the backbone out of those yardbirds like cutting a piece of paper.

One caveat: they are right-handed only, would be uncomfortable in your left hand.

Messermeister Kitchen Shears

Nice Tom, I have a pair of Wusthof that are take apart. So easy to clean. Love em!
icon_smile.gif

I have some by Chicago Cutlery that came in a set like this. Not a bad little knife, either-- for the price.

I've also seen Alton use a pair of spring-loaded shears to remove the backbone from a chicken (IIRC). I don't know the brand but, since he's big on the blades coming apart, here's one that works for righties or lefties.

Thanks for the help. I stopped by the mall today since we had dinner there and I found this pair from Anolon. It was on sale at Macy's and I picked it up for $29.00 out the door. This is the best shears that I've seen. The blades come apart, it has a rubberized handle to prevent slipping while handling raw poultry and it has the serrated blade to help grip the meat while cutting. German forged steel (although assembled in China.) Run out and get a pair if you can find them at this price. Anolon Shears

Also stopped by Williams-Sonoma and picked up rib racks at 50% off. Best I've seen with non-stick coating and HUGE! It states it will hold six full racks of ribs.

Back