Kirkland Signature Lump

Shiloh

TVWBB Member
So I was at my local Costco this afternoon and saw for the first time Kirkland Signature brand hard wood lump charcoal. I just bought a bunch of K there last weekend otherwise I would have bought some. Anyone used this before? 10 bucks for a 20 pound bag. That's almost twice the price of the K so I am curious if it is really that much better.

I just picked up a bag the other day but have not used it yet. Has anyone else tried it yet? I may do a smoke on Saturday, time permitting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike t:
This is Royal Oak lump..good stuff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike-

How do you know this? I've head Costco won't give out any information at all about where this stuff comes from or what's in it.

Drew

Well its not Kingsford quality is too good and its not South American..that leaves RO they are only other producer large enough to supply someone like Costco

But still, no one knows?

B&B found itself into many walmart stores last summer. Their lump is very uniformed in the size of pieces.

The South American lump is usually a little more identifiable by it's density and it's look.

I'd like to know......

Joon,

I am in Carlsbad, CA. I have seen it at the Carlsbad, Vista, and San Diego Costco stores. BTW, I told Angie not to name their kid after me. Who names their kid after an ex-lover anyway?
icon_cool.gif

Back