Kingsford

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi there. Great Site.

I'm ready to get started and just notice the back of the Kingsford Matchlight I just bought says not to use in a water smoker. (?!) See here. Please tell me I don't have to make a trip back to Lowes! /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Also, they say not to use chimney-type starters. *sigh* This true?

Matchlight may give you an off taste, a little like lighter fluid. Just use a chimney starter and kingsford. That is your best bet.

Just to further clarify what D.M. said, use plain old Kingsford briquettes (blue and white bag) - not the Kingsford Matchlight you bought...sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I would make the extra trip back to Lowes...

So, back I go. Thanks fellas.

Do you generally need starter fluid with the regular briquettes? Should I have some just in case?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charles Pancini:
[qb] So, back I go. Thanks fellas.

Do you generally need starter fluid with the regular briquettes? Should I have some just in case? [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't use starter fluid!!! Please!!! Get you a chimney. You won't ever go back to using fluid, I assure you!!

Jim

Don't use MatchLight in a smoker, don't use matchlight in a chimney-- both because it's impregnated with starter fluid, essentially. Starter fluid is the enemy. Bad starter fluid! Bad! No!

Get some regular Kingsford and a chimney, and you'll be all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back