Kingsford Blue Deals??

CTully

Hello all. Just saw this at our Sam’s Club here in Salina,KS yesterday and it’s not a knock out of a deal by any means (not sure if those exist any more or not) but it did get me thinking about it since it’s that time of year. Anyone else seen anything?
F67DD2D5-4920-4709-894A-0B5E18FED92F.jpeg

Pretty much the same around here. Prices have been pretty stable for the last year or so. No sales to speak of but I'd rather that be the case than seeing prices soar like most everything else. Anything that hasn't had a significant price increase in the last year of two is a good deal in my book!

Pretty much the same around here. Prices have been pretty stable for the last year or so. No sales to speak of but I'd rather that be the case than seeing prices soar like most everything else. Anything that hasn't had a significant price increase in the last year of two is a good deal in my book!
Agree 100% Bob!

Thank you kind sir. I haven't really been active on the forum here, or any forum for that matter, so you didn't miss my intro, I didn't make an intro;)

Regardless of 18lb. twin pack K-Pro vs. 20lb. twin pack of Kingsford Blue, they both average out to around .46/lb. 3-4 Years ago it was considered a good buy when you could get Kingsford Blue bag twin packs for around .26-.27/lb.

Costco K-Pro is 18lbs bags.
Yes, and?
I’ll take the lower ash and cleaner burn(in my opinion) for the difference of four
pounds. Don’t get me wrong, I was a KBB devotee for almost all my grilling-smoking life, now pushing 50 years and, since the days of dbl 20’s of KBB for $9.99 are gone, I’ve not regretted one cook with the K-pro.

Last edited:
Yes, and?
I’ll take the lower ash and cleaner burn(in my opinion) for the difference of four
pounds. Don’t get me wrong, I was a KBB devotee for almost all my grilling-smoking life, now pushing 50 years and, since the days of dbl 20’s of KBB for $9.99 are gone, I’ve not regretted one cook with the K-pro.
Now I don't ever recall seeing a K-Pro. I'm intrigued though. Is it as easy to find as KBB? Maybe I just haven't been looking for it, and so I haven't noticed it before too.

There is one Home Depot store in Maplewood, MN selling 2x20lb KBB for $9.98. Sale price has been the same for a week now. No other locations around me have the same price and they wont price match this particular store. But it felt good getting the old school price again of $9.98!

That sale is fine if you need a twin pack or 2 to tie you over until Memorial Day, but I wouldn't stock up though.

I stocked up during the last Costco sale, so I'm waiting to see what the Memorial Day sales are like, and will go from there.

For $9.98/dbl 20# yeah I’d get some KBB. But, not from big orange. I noticed that Costco was still running their deal on K-Pro last Thursday. I’ve been told I have to go back for a couple of Hydrangea plants for family members! It cracksme up that I’ve become somewhat garden involved. I am by NO means a gardener, if it’s something I can eat, I’m mildly interested. Flowers/ shrubbery? I’ll do some labor for my loving wife. The funny thing is I seem to end up doing more yard work that I,thought I signed up for! She lets me have all the grill stuff I want so, I can dig a hole now and then for some poor plant that the black walnut tree will kill a slow and miserable death.

Back