Kingsford blue bag issues lately

Originally posted by Dave Russell:
Still, quite a few coals on one side of my OTG quit burning.

Could it be an air-flow issue? I noticed that a few times using RO briqs when doing a dual load on the OTG.

Tim

Obviously, air to the coals is never 100% equal. Just checked my grate, and while 95% were burnt to ash, a few around the edge next to the bowl had snuffed themselves out after burning down by about 50%. Regardless, NOT NEAR the issue I've been having lately. Coals from recent cooks left would only be burnt by 10-20% at most, and I didn't do anything differently.

Gotcha. Reading you're OP I took it as you added two fully lit chimneys,one to each side of the OTG. One side stayed lit and the other did not.

Tim

Nah, I just dump the two chimneys on the grate in a pretty haphazard manner and then level out with tongs and maybe the help of my folding camping shovel.

Just got a couple of coupons in from Kingsford today, and so as of last night's cook, and at least for now, no more complaints here.

You can always try the K competition style, a little more money and works very well. But mostly I am a Royal Oak user.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
i haven't experienced any issues using Kingsford, i do, however, want to point out that my cocktail glass is not holding it's own while I use kingsford...
I start with a full glass expecting it to stay somewhat full during the entire cook.
Lately i've been having to refill it two, four, sometimes up to 7 times while the Kingsford is deciding to burn out or continue on...

no, i haven't experienced any issues using Kingsford. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seem to have this same problem, the wife isn't always so happy with it.

I'm on bag 6 or 7 from the sale and have had no issues thus far.

Back