Kettle wish list.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen Sharar

TVWBB Super Fan
Thought it'd be fun to start a thread on what everyone's weber/kettle "white whale" is. Personally, a vintage red 26" is at the top of my list. An old school tri-pod style ranch kettle would be my runner up. Of course, any barrel-b-q, ranger etc. would certainly be appreciated. So.... Interested in what others on this board are looking for....

I think that 14" WSM they used to make sounds awfully neat. I'm not sure how practical it is, but someone landed one not too long ago and posted pics here, and it just looks so darn cute!

I think for me, an original Weber would be "It".
The "Westerner" is really cool too...
Or maybe a Galley Que..Anybody ever see a 1969 Custom?
OK, I want i all..
I think what makes it for collecting in any hobby, is that continuous hunt for the "Holy Grail".
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Sanders:
I think that 14" WSM they used to make sounds awfully neat. I'm not sure how practical it is, but someone landed one not too long ago and posted pics here, and it just looks so darn cute! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw an article stating that this could happen.

http://bbq.about.com/b/2011/05...ey-mountain-14-5.htm

An original would be great. That very sad thing is I found one missing the lid a few years ago before I caught the fever asking $10. I offered $5 and when it wasn't accepted I walked away. I still lose sleep over it.
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Sanders:
I think that 14" WSM they used to make sounds awfully neat. I'm not sure how practical it is, but someone landed one not too long ago and posted pics here, and it just looks so darn cute! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Have you looked at This thread? There are a number of us who find that size tremendously practical. I'm surprised that it was not popular enough for Weber to continue to produce. I suppose the handful of us who have converted our SJs to mini-WSMs do not a market make. As an empty nester I seldom have an opportunity to load up my 18 1/2 WSM but frequently use my mini. I did my first brisket on it a couple months ago. It was the perfect size for a 1 1/2 lb flag that I split between the two grates.

As to what would I like? I pretty much have what I need. However if someone near by put a Performer with stainless table up for a dirt cheap price, I might jump on that. If it had a gas charcoal starter that would be even better. The other thing I would like would be a 26" kettle, but not for $300 that they go for retail.

Oh, and a Rotisserie to fit my 22 1/2 Kettle would be useful. Just last night I found rotisserie for my Silver A which fits a 23" span. I wonder if I could make a ring that would fit it for my kettle.

I would like a yellow smokey joe.
also on my list are

The Wishing Well 1966
The Barrel Bar-B-Q 1972
The Seville 1967

Ive never even seen the Wishing Well or Barrel one for sale anywhere though.

The Westerner and Custom are pretty cool though too.

Definitely the one my dad put out to the curb when I was 8. My folks just bought their first gas grill:) **** you propane.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I said I paid for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stuart, that made me laugh out loud. After a dusting up a new power tool with sawdust: What? That old thing? Picked it up on Craigs List for $10 honey....

I caught the "white whale" 1880 WSM a few months ago so I am all set!

I would want a Red 22.5" WSM, Red 26.5" SS performer, but I know those don't exist.... Yet!

-Any 26", preferably a redhead.
-an SS Performer, either redhead or blue.
-somebody to go to Cincy & get that 22" Homer Simpson for $30 for me.
-Something old, maybe a yellow 18.5", or any color 22" with wooden handles.

I admire Jeff's collection, but I don't have room for all of those grills!

My wish list:
26.5 <span class="ev_code_RED">Red</span> or <span class="ev_code_BROWN">Brownie</span>

Imperial Sequoia (Any color)

Pre 1981 Redhead w/ metal bowl handles

Gas Kettle (1971-72?)

Red Jumbo Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back