Keri's State Fair Biscuits (only 3rd place...)

Yep, Criso. Or, alternately, use all butter. I do that on a regular basis, too. Just make sure the butter is good and cold.

Thanks for the reply Keri and shawn.. i hope to try the recipe when i get to LA.....if i do. .i will def post and let ya konw......

crisco or cold butter.....gotta luv butter...

Just to add to accolades: been making these for about 6 months now and everyone loves 'em. Thanks Keri for a great recipe.

I finally made this recipe this morning and they were excellent. I did change the recipe a tad. I had about a half of a cup of heavy whipping cream that needed to be used up, so I just added enough milk to make a total of 3/4 cup. It didnt hurt a thing. Thanks for sharing this recipe Keri. Real good.

Made some more of these tonight ... been a while ... ate them with turkey a la king, really tasty biscuits. Didn't brush the tops, just cut the rolled dough into equal size pieces to avoid reworking the dough.

Here's a pic I thought I'd put up for the recipe:

2009-01-03a011.jpg

Thanks, Shawn! PRETTY biscuit!

BTW, these did finally pull a blue ribbon at the state fair this year. :) I frequently cut them square myself, since there's no waste and no rerolling.

Keri C

Back