keeping meat warm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm planning on an overnight brisket in a week. It will probably be done around noon-2. How do yall keep it warm until dinner?

Wrap in heavy foil, then bath towels (don't use your wife's favorites, in case they get juice on them), then into a cooler. It's not a bad idea to stick the meat with a Polder so you can monitor the internal temp. You don't want it to drop into the danger zone (below 140?).

Steve

Hi Scott,

You can keep meat hot for at least 4-5 hours, and warm for much longer, by wrapping it in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, then placing it in a small cooler wrapped loosely with a towel.

Last weekend I took two pork butts off the WSM at 9am, wrapped them like this, and they were still warm at 4pm when I opened them up. If you take the brisket off in the early afternoon and eat around 6 or 7pm, it will still be hot when you open it.

I think the taste and texture of meat always improves when it is left to rest after cooking...

Scott, did a brisket last weekend and did the foil
wrapped in 2 heavy bath towels and put it in a cooler at 1:30 pm pulled it out at 5:30 pm still very hot. This method works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back