Keeping Brisket warm during the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Provost

TVWBB Fan
I plan on smoking a brisket for a Super Bowl party. My question is how to keep the meat warm while leaving it out during the party. I plan on slicing and putting it out at the beginning of the party but want to keep it out for the guests during the game.

Any suggestions without me having to buy any catering equipment would be appreciated!

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob Provost:
[qb]Any suggestions without me having to buy any catering equipment would be appreciated!
[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You can rent catering equipment instead. I rented a large chafing dish for about $20 for a party where I served barbecue.

Regards,
Chris

A small oval chaffing dish runs $30 at Costco and Sam's Club. I've seen disposable unites at both for less. Cash and Carry probably also has disposable.

Holding Brisket requires some extra juice. Try some Dr. Pepper with the meat in foil at the end. Or think about a Chuck roll it holds better than Brisket, higher yield, great flavor.

My wife found me a large full size 2 sided disposable setup at some party/card store for $10. Included everything. Obviously nothing special for presentation because it's disposable, but worked great for me.

Rob
I'll add that you should slice only part of the brisket at a time. Once sliced, the meat tends to dry our rather quickly, especially if you have a heat source under it. I usually slice about 1/3-1/2 or so and then keep an eye on it, slicing more as necessary.

And if you have more than one brisket, keep the others wrapped in foil and towels in a cooler until ready to slice.

My New Year's Day briskets were fresh and delicious for 4 hours this way.

Have fun.
Peter

Thanks for the info. Great suggestions as always.

Unfortunately my problem now is finding a brisket. When I did finally find some the cheapest I found was $3.49 a lb!

I guess I'll just bite to bullet and buy it.

I also have used some beef stock to add liquid to the brisket in the chaffer if it is getting to dry. Easy to heat up in the nuke and just cover the bottom of the aluminum 1/2 pan. I usually use the kind in the cardboard box that you can find at local grocery store.
We have about five chaffers that we use for tailgaters and such. For events like the superbowl those disposable sets like you can get at Cash n Carry or Costco are great. They are so cheap you can just leave them if you leave early and no cleanup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back