KBB 20lb Twin Packs on sale @ Lowes.

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
If you need a couple twin packs to get you through until the Memorial Day Sales, good news!

They're on sale @ Lowe's. Price is $16.88 through 4/15.

Ridge Charcoal is made by Royal Oak. I think it's the same stuff Lowe's sold before going with the Ridge branding. That being the Royal Oak charcoal in the yellow/red bags.

IMO that stuff is fine for use in the WSM, but for high-heat grilling, not so much..

Lowe's did raise the price about $1, but that is likely due to the fact that the Ridge Charcoal comes in 16lb bags vs. 15.4lb bags of Royal Oak that they sold before.

Thanks Brian, I picked up 3 doubles today, along with a couple of small hardware things I needed for the kitchen project. Then, 25 lb. of jasmine rice and a short side trip for some chocolate and a few foil pans to make up “take away” for the kids for Easter!
I’m glad I did that before learning of a longtime friend passing, Chef Andy Stewart, dinner will not taste like much tonight. He taught me a lot, especially things about fish! He’d been a fishmonger in NYC and told me:
“If you ever walk into a fish place that smells like bad fish (unless they have tanks) just leave!”
Those words ring in my ears often. When “Earth Fare” opened here in Kalamazoo the first week I went in it smelled terribly of old fish, I never got over Andy’s forewarning. The place closed after about 2 years!

Ridge Charcoal is made by Royal Oak. I think it's the same stuff Lowe's sold before going with the Ridge branding. That being the Royal Oak charcoal in the yellow/red bags.

IMO that stuff is fine for use in the WSM, but for high-heat grilling, not so much..

Lowe's did raise the price about $1, but that is likely due to the fact that the Ridge Charcoal comes in 16lb bags vs. 15.4lb bags of Royal Oak that they sold before.

This ridge charcoal I got 2 weeks ago at Lowes, they had the royal oak on sale on the app for $1.99/bag. I showed the clerk the app and he said the Ridge charcoal was the same just updated bags. He let me purchase them at the $1.99 price, I got 10 bags, all that would fit in the car.

Thanks for that info, I think I will try to pick some up for the WSM.

This ridge charcoal I got 2 weeks ago at Lowes, they had the royal oak on sale on the app for $1.99/bag. I showed the clerk the app and he said the Ridge charcoal was the same just updated bags. He let me purchase them at the $1.99 price, I got 10 bags, all that would fit in the car.

Well that does confirm what I suspected all along. They just changed the bags and increased the size a little bit.

I did a quick inventory today and I'm down to 4 twin packs of KBB and 2 1/2 bags of Royal Oak and one twin pack of the 18lb bags of Royal Oak that I got when Wal Mart had them on sale last Memorial Day.

So I'm in good shape until the summer sales start.

Back