Kansas > Kansas City: Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que (formerly Oklahoma Joe's)

Finally made it to OK Joes yesterday before the football game. We showed up at 2:30 and the line was awfully long. Thought we'd beat the lunch and dinner crowd lol.

My buddy tried the Z-man and loved it. I had the ribs and they were cooked to perfection. The sauce is awesome. However, I did not like the beans. Way too much cayenne and some beans were under cooked.

This moved into my #1 spot in KC. I'm baffled how that small place can have the quality with the quantity of people eating.

OK Joe's has awesome chicken! The brisket is outstanding & they're sause is great! I wasn't impressed with the sausage, but oh well. One of the top 2 places in KC to go...the other is LC's.

Okie Joes is our go to standard. Never had a bad eat there. At either of the locations. We frequent the Olathe joint. The Z-man is the bomb!

We visited Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que, the original gas station location on 47th and Mission in Kansas City, KS on May 9, 2022 while passing through the area. Definitely the highlight of our visit! Stopped in shortly after opening at 11:00 am, not too crowded yet, just a short line. We both had brisket sandwiches, a sharable order of some of the best fries imaginable, BBQ beans, and spicy slaw. Wife liked the beans more than I did. The sandwich was great, washed down with sweet tea. When finished, we let the meal settle, did some people watching, then went back for a Smokie Joe sandwich (chopped smoked beef and pork, in barbecue sauce, on a bun) that we shared. Then rolled over to the Harry S. Truman Presidential Museum to walk off our meal.

You must visit the original gas station location when in KC!

IMG_4750.JPG

IMG_4734.JPG

IMG_4735.JPG

IMG_4738.JPG

IMG_4753.JPG

IMG_4741.JPG

IMG_4736.JPG

IMG_4744.JPG

IMG_4755.JPG

IMG_4779.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4827.JPG

We visited Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que, the original gas station location on 47th and Mission in Kansas City, KS on May 9, 2022 while passing through the area. Definitely the highlight of our visit! Stopped in shortly after opening at 11:00 am, not too crowded yet, just a short line. We both had brisket sandwiches, a sharable order of some of the best fries imaginable, BBQ beans, and spicy slaw. Wife liked the beans more than I did. The sandwich was great, washed down with sweet tea. When finished, we let the meal settle, did some people watching, then went back for a Smokie Joe sandwich (chopped smoked beef and pork, in barbecue sauce, on a bun) that we shared. Then rolled over to the Harry S. Truman Presidential Museum to walk off our meal.

You must visit the original gas station location when in KC!

View attachment 51759

View attachment 51760

View attachment 51761

View attachment 51762

View attachment 51763

View attachment 51764

View attachment 51765

View attachment 51766

View attachment 51767

View attachment 51768

View attachment 51769

View attachment 51770

Chris, I am glad you enjoyed your visit. Next time you are in town, give me a shout.

Back