2 TB. wine vinegar
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
3 tsp. salt (or to your liking)
3 TB. poupon mustard
2 TB. prepared horseradish
3 TB. lime juice
2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper

Mix all of the ingredients really well and then pour over whole beef brisket. Let marinate for several hour or overnight if possible. Also, use this marinade as a basting sauce.

Source: "Outdoor Cooking With Inside Help" Justin Wilson - 1986

Marinade and Basting Sauce for Brisket of Beef

3 cups dry red wine
1 cup olive or peanut oil
2 TB. wine vinegar
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
3 tsp. salt (or to your liking)
3 TB. poupon mustard
2 TB. prepared horseradish
3 TB. lime juice
2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper

Mix all of the ingredients really well and then pour over whole beef brisket. Let marinate for several hour or overnight if possible. Also, use this marinade as a basting sauce.

Source: "Outdoor Cooking With Inside Help" Justin Wilson - 1986
I really enjoyed his show. I have several of his books.

I just found an old paper back book of his, pub. in 1974 titled " Justin Wilson's Cajun Humor". It's very hard to read. lol

And it's probably going to be very hard to type also, but I wanted to give you all a short sample. lol

I got a frien' wit' me in Loff-i-yette w'at got a wife took herse'f down to New Or-lee-anh to look at some dem markland house in de Gordon distric'. Dey rich like hell-strike oil, you know-an' dat womans want to buy how-you-call a showin' place.

Well, dis real astute broker got hol' of her an' show her a beautimous home dair. He took her t'rough dat, an' w'en dey move out de bedroom he say, "Now dis is de playroom an' den."

She cass bot' eye on him r'at now an' she make spoke to dat real astute agent, "An' den WHUT?"

Back