Just some drumsticks on the WSK...

GrantT

TVWBB Pro
Packs of 10 drumsticks on for about $5 a pack...bought a few to freeze, but had to cook one up. This has really got to be one of my favorites meals. Inexpensive, love the taste, and easy. Observation - the WSK does crispy skin much better than my Keg did. About 30-40 minutes at 400. Half with my BBQ rub ({on the left), and half with my Cajun rub (though they all seem to look similar).

1615392540464.png

I may have bought these on the same sale as you.....dollar days and 2 bucks a pound?
I bought a few anyways, the price is right and the taste is awesome.
I have nice sized packs of 10 I payed about $4.40 per pack.
Cook looks good too.
I also cook mine as well as wings right up the middle like that and just make it as hot as I can make it.

Grant, I really like the way those legs turned out! That skin looks perfectly crisped with amazing color. Did you add any wood chips or chunks during the cook?

Thanks @Harrison Patrick No. There was just lump charcoal on each side the baskets. Cooked at 400 degrees.

To prep chicken, I always dry it off very well, give it a generous coat of my seasonings, and then let them air dry in the fridge for at least 8 hours. But like mentioned in my first post, this was my first chicken cook on the new WSK and it cooks the skin much crispier than I could get on the Keg. Some color coming from the paprika in the rub as well most likely.

I generally pat mine dry put them back in the fridge until about 30 minutes before cook time.
Then I spice them and leave them on the counter until they go on.
As much as a I wish I had a new E6 / S6 I still cook them the same way.
I fire up a chimney and add as much red hot coals to each as I can get to stay in there.
Open everything up 100%, even try to sick the bbq in the wind ;)
A small piece of wood in each basket really adds the colour for me, they come out quite dark, and Crispy.
Sometimes if it is smoked ribs n wings I will leave the smoke off the wings because too much is too much.
I still have the ones I said I bought earlier....maybe this weekend.

These are how mine usually turn out.

Back