Just Need A Skyline Hood...

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I have always had my eyes open for two grills that I would like to merge into one:

1) A Skyline two-burner hood.
2) A last year Genesis Silver A with black knobs and trim and with a fold-up thermoset table. My idea is to put the Skyline hood on the Silver A body and get the best of a Skyline with modern conveniences.

So far, at least 3 Skyline 2 burner grills have evaded my grasp. Usually because they came up during tax season. I have seen plenty of Silver A's and a few with the black trim, but always too much or too far away. But I got lucky here in Indiana and picked up this overall pretty nice one for $40:

IMG_5512.jpeg

The seller was the original owner and liked it very much. He admitted that the igniter was shot (gone), that you had to light each burner separately and that the rear burner had some "hot spots." I wonder why :unsure: :

IMG_5513.jpeg

If anyone has a two-burner Skyline hood or a lead on getting one, maybe you can help me finish my "Mini-Skyline Mod" grill!:coolkettle:

Yah, it would be cool to have a two burner skyline to redo, but if I found one, I would certainly pass it on to you Jon. I don't think I have ever seen one in the wild before however. I don't think Weber put out very many of them.

Here's one I think may still be for sale in Florida:

I missed a chance to get it (for a lower price) and after that I was just too overwhelmed with moving. Also didn't want to explain to my wife why I bought ANOTHER grill when, at that point, we didn't even have a house to move to!!! It was a wreck, but all I wanted was that hood.

Well a nice looking Skyline 2-burner popped up here in Indiana. Only problem is that while it IS in my new state, it is over 3 hours away. Already have backlog of things to pick-up. I hate to let this one go, but I probably will have to...

Yah, that looks like a very nice one. But, three hours is three hours each way. Unless you can combine it with another trip, it is probably a good pass.

Back