Just gonna throw this out there

LMichaels

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I have an old(er) Genesis 2000. It's feeling it's age. Needs a functional restore. Left side cross member fixed, lower cross members rusting out and such. Grill functions great. Starts on first click most every time. Would anyone want to take on the repairs for me? IDK how to weld, and I can't see buying a welder to try learning. Or may possibly sell it. Anyway just putting ideas out there. Not caring about doing it for cosmetic issues. It's got fade and all that. I'm just caring about functionality and solidity.

Larry, I could probably put it back in functional service if you wanted to drag it up here.

My motivation stops at a rusty crossmember as well. I have a frame with one now that I'm keeping because most of it is still in good shape. I don't know how to weld either and don't feel like dealing with repairing it anyway. I have too many other things to get done around the house just like you do Larry. If the grill were important to me I would look for a donor grill and combine the best parts of both grills to make a decent one you can cook on. I've done that before as well.

Yeah it's not honestly all that important to me. I love it but, it's an "appliance" to me. Bruce go ahead and message me and give me an idea of what you'd need $$$ wise. I would likely just pull the grill head and such out of the frame and simply drag the frame up. Makes life easier for both of us. Between the COPD attack I've been dealing with (just walking out to the mail box leaves me a little "winded" still. Plus been busy with mixer pursuits and so many more projects at the house. I've actually thought about unloading it and maybe grabbing that Kirkland grill. But, even though it's a bargain it's still $899 I can do other things with. So, while I would like shiny new, now with the pellet grill I rarely touch the gassers.

Sure, you could strip it down larry. If your bottom cross members are in bad shape, I am sure I could grab some out of my spare parts or off a grill in the boneyard to replace them. If all I have to do is weld them, I won't charge you anything if you are willing to repaint at least over the weld sites.

Then it is just a drive up and back. Let me know.
I'll be in touch. I'll get it ripped down to the frame and be in touch and not to mention I have that other Genesis I picked up for son in law I have to clean up and get some parts for to give him for his upcoming b/day

Bruce I took it apart this afternoon. Pretty ugly. I did not realize it had gotten so bad. I got lucky on the side bolt. Took out my HF angle grinder, cut the end off, and had a flattened out hole chisel (for mortar or concrete). Anyway I was able to give it a small couple taps and popped out. Firebox is in great shape. IDK Bruce if you think it's worth it I will work out transporting it.

20230424_173738.jpg20230424_173746.jpg20230424_173810.jpg20230424_173838.jpg20230424_173843.jpg

Well count me as officially discouraged maybe almost to the point of giving up on it. I had propped up the frame on the side of my house to keep it off the ground so as not to get any more moisture wicked up into the metal. Well apparently the hurricane force winds we've been having had other plans. Picked it up and blew it out into the side yard. OK not so bad ya think but it broke the plastic "catch" that keeps up the folding side tray. Where the heck am I gonna pull that out of?!
20230503_162638.jpg
Gonna throw this out there. Since I have an excellent gas grill in the Wolf, the Q320 and my pellet popper I really don't need this thing. Lots of really good shape parts. A side burner, lid is dirty but perfect no fade, all the durawood trays are excellent. I'll likely keep the firebox for my son in law though as when the contractors smashed my old Genesis 2 he has it broke the mounting for the burners. It works but, one burner is flopping in there
So if anyone thinks all the stuff is worth a little drive out to the country and $20 PM me I loved having and using this one over the years but sometimes you just have to part with the old pal :(
Unless anyone has a source for that obscure part that broke, then I am all ears and a trip to Packerland is still on the table

Amazon for that part Larry, they get about ten bucks for it but, someone posted that as a source.let me see if I can dig it up.

Weber 4886971 Slide Lock for Some Genesis Swing-up Tables​

I’m apparently too dim to get it to attach! It’s there I promise!

Last edited:

Back