Just bought Taylor probe therms', have question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron F

TVWBB Fan
I just bought two taylor probe type therms and a taylor digital instant read therm. I just did the boil test and one probe was 206*, the other probe was 208* and the instant read was 208.5*. I was just wondering if there was a way to check what temp. water should boil at in my area as barometric pressure and sea level will make a difference. Basically I just want to know how close to the right temp. the therms are. I'm not worried about it, really. Just bored right now and have some time to kill......

ron

ok....I just found the site I was looking for. According to the site, water should boil at 210* where I'm at. That puts the therms a little closer
to accurate I guess.....

ron

Bruce,

Great minds think alike! I took a really fine-point sharpie and did the exact same thing! Mine was more like +4* and +2* tho...

Ron

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron F:
Thanks for the site. Thats the same one I came across on the WSM site...... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
"That" WSM site and this bulletin board are the same site, right? Just checking. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back