Just a quick thought.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
I know the SF is supposed to run flawlessly and that should be a given, I just wanted to point out how well it’s done recently on 2 16 plus hour cooks and some easy grilling in between.
Temps were locked in on the smokes, I ran the Thermoworks smoke Just to keep an eye on things and the way it can jump up to 400 for pizzas, 600 for the filet, I am really happy with the SF and I’m happy Weber did a good job with the app and firmware updates.

I know the SF is supposed to run flawlessly and that should be a given, I just wanted to point out how well it’s done recently on 2 16 plus hour cooks and some easy grilling in between.
Temps were locked in on the smokes, I ran the Thermoworks smoke Just to keep an eye on things and the way it can jump up to 400 for pizzas, 600 for the filet, I am really happy with the SF and I’m happy Weber did a good job with the app and firmware updates.
Persistence pays off. I suspect it will only get better. I’m delighted with mine.

I did notice that while doing a couple racks of ribs the other day the ambient temperature said as low as 193 and as high as 260 when I had the temp on the SF set at 225. Granted I just used a simple set up using one of the Weber probes to check the ambient temp so I'm not sure if there were any defects with that probe, but I used it on my brisket a couple weeks back and that probe, along with the other probe I used, were pretty lock step with each other measuring the internal temp of the brisket. I did eventually get the ambient temp to keep around the set temp by fluctuating the set temp +/- 5 degrees from once or twice.

With that said, the ribs came out excellent using the 3-2-1 method with some chunks of butter and apple juice during the wrap and sauce for the last 20 minutes. So no complaints overall, just thought the fluctuation was a bit odd.

It is the exponential filter they use on the probe. They do that so when you open the grill it won’t go crazy, and over-stoke the fire. The trade off is that it temperatures can fluctuate a bit.

Back