Just a couple of Ribs I done......

Glenn W

TVWBB Guru
Had a church luncheon that I was requested to do ribs and chicken. So after many seconds of deliberation I accepted.

Rubbed down with a modified Britu rub, turned the dial on the Binford 6100 to 250 and used apple and cherry wood for smoke.

Used a dry foiled pan, and <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Kingsford</span>, they were done at the 5.5 hour mark. Cooled off then foiled and fridged last night. Reheated in the oven at 300 for 20 min then unfoiled at 250 for 15 more. (Thanks for the advice, you know who you are
icon_wink.gif
).

Got the Binford 6100 stoked back up and set the dial at 225 with the same fuel and method except I used Maple wood this time for the leg Qtrs. Covered up with Lawry's poultry seasoning and cooked for 3hrs then seared at the end and separated the legs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ranger loves the smell of Ribs!

Turn on your fan and open the window, sorry for the smoke but don't it smell good!

Thanks for looking around!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Nice job,
Sure hope your Lil buddy got something. At least let him lick the cookie sheet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can't wait to try some birds. Tips? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to carry dark meat to 170 then pull. Mr. Kruger taught me that with this cut of chicken you can carry much higher (because it can take it) I no longer go by temp. You can smoke it for hours, the more the better ( at lower temps mind you 250 or less is my experiance). I love the reverse sear though!

Thank you for the complement!

Back