Jumbo Joe or Smokey Joe Platinum? Or are they the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadS

So I have been cruisin CL for a while now looking for a 14.5 SJ. I bought one about a year ago but my little girl took to it immediately and said it was hers and now she can grill just like DADA.

DSC03890.jpg

So I just couldn't say no. But I really wanted to cook on this thing and possibly build a Mini Smoker. So anyway, I found an add a few weeks back that said 14.5 inch Weber Smokey Joe $25 and it was right up the road from me. I went and checked it out and it turned out to be this

2c21c10f.jpg

Date code is N

Here it is next to my Little Girls SJ

Untitled.jpg

Now I am not completely sure, but I think this is a Jumbo Joe. I read that a normal 18.5 grate doesn't fit the JJ this is an 18.5 grate that I had laying around in the grill

51ca027c.jpg

It looks to small for the bowl.

Anyways after a little clean up and a LOT of tung oil on the handle, here is what she looks like now:

fa553cda.jpg

d0dadb61.jpg

2c464fb5.jpg

So...... I ended up paying $15 to the lady who was "sick and tired of seeing it in her garage" I know it isn't the 14.5 I was looking for, but all in all I think it was a good find.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posts: 55 | Location: Gahanna Ohio | Registered: April 08, 2012 IP

Ignored post by Gary Crow posted June 07, 2012 03:06 PMShow Post