Jumbo Joe 2 Zone Accessory

Andy Linn

TVWBB Super Fan
Anyone tried the ring of fire kick ash basket with a jumbo joe? Found a jumbo Joe new in box on FB this week and I just had to buy it.

I received a SNS for Christmas and have been cooking with it constantly. Looking for a similar experience at the lake this summer.
Will probably end up with a killa grilla stainless door and an SNS charcoal basket, but this kick ash thing is catching my eye.

Are you guys using any 2 zone accessories for your jumbo Joe?

I bought the SnS and Drip n Griddle for my Jumbo Joe and quite honestly, I haven't used it much. The JJ is almost exclusively used as a patio fire pit. But I can cook on it if I want to. Sorry, not much help.

Jumbo Joe and SnS combo has replaced a lot of cooks I used to do on the 22” kettle. Performer only gets used now for rotisserie and those few times I need more cooking real estate. But no experience with ring of fire (price seems attractive).

Good luck

Went with the slow and sear basket. It's the devil I know. I really like the way the lid bale prongs protrude into the bowl and hold the SNS basket in place.

I definitely want a killa grilla hinged gate for tending the basket. After that I may get a kick ash basket and lay a diffuser plate over it...

Here's an action shot. Coming up to temp for my first cook.
PXL_20220430_185452793.jpg

When I had my JJ I used a performer charcoal basket as a way to do 2 zone cooks and it worked great. Dumbest thing I ever did is sell that JJ, still looking to replace it. Because now when Barb and want to cook a couple of burgers or thighs with charcoal I have to fire up the performer, which is okay but it's such a waste as the JJ used half the charcoal for the same cook and the JJ was easier to clean.

When I had my JJ I used a performer charcoal basket as a way to do 2 zone cooks and it worked great. Dumbest thing I ever did is sell that JJ, still looking to replace it. Because now when Barb and want to cook a couple of burgers or thighs with charcoal I have to fire up the performer, which is okay but it's such a waste as the JJ used half the charcoal for the same cook and the JJ was easier to clean.
I read somewhere the SNS charcoal basket has double the standard Weber baskets capacity. That's definitely not true. But it does have significantly more. I think a standard basket would work just fine.

I imagine I will use the JJ quite a bit as its just the wife and I. She had to work today or I would have cooked her a Burger too.

I read somewhere the SNS charcoal basket has double the standard Weber baskets capacity. That's definitely not true. But it does have significantly more. I think a standard basket would work just fine.

I imagine I will use the JJ quite a bit as its just the wife and I. She had to work today or I would have cooked her a Burger too.
Yep for two people it's perfect!

I am really loving this little cooker. To the point I am ready to add a drip n griddle to the kit.

Attachments

• PXL_20220515_185824864.jpg
    PXL_20220515_185824864.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 13

Back