July 4th weekend.

"Happy 4th to all of the great people here on the forum and too our armed forces who are out there making sure we continue to enjoy the wonderful freedom we have in this"

Yes to all who have served and all of you!

I'm trying my first brisket. It's a 4.5 lb choice flat I found at Costco. Sides are garlic and butter mushrooms, asparagus, and red pepper rice.

Thank you Freedom Fighters! Im doing pepper stout, ABT's, some really good beans, and marionberry cobbler in a cast iron skillet. But its so dang hot here.. Going to be 95 degrees on the 4rth!!! Hard to stand next to the performer and smoker in that heat. Havent seen any precipitation in 30 days.. I sure prefer smoking in the cooler weather of Fall. Enjoy all and BE SAFE!!!

What I thought was a chunk of ham turned out to be part of a butt,so guess who's cooking Phil-B-Que today?:rolleyes:;)

Nothing special today but tomorrow we have a full house coming over so Paella on the Performer and baby backs on the WSM.

Grilled Chicken is BIG in these parts...
I asked about 10 guys at work if they're grilling and those that answered yes, 6 said chicken, two brats, one said burgers and an odd ball said salmon.
never would THINK of grilling fish on the 4th unless I lived on the ocean side.
Well....I guess I'm an odd ball, somewhat close to the ocean though.

Ribs On! One rack under two...

July42015f.jpg

Back