Join me at Silicon Valley BBQ Championship, Santa Clara CA, June 28, 2014

Thanks Bob and Vince. And congrats on GC! Just to clarify I was in no way questioning the quality of food prepared. Being a CBJ and comp cook it is really refreshing to see scores that are probably more in line then the rest of the country. It give the cook an indicator on where they can improve.

Thanks Bob and Vince. And congrats on GC! Just to clarify I was in no way questioning the quality of food prepared. Being a CBJ and comp cook it is really refreshing to see scores that are probably more in line then the rest of the country. It give the cook an indicator on where they can improve.

Thanks for the kudos, Jim! We appreciate it!

No worries on your comments as I didn't think you were being critical of the food at all. I think all the rediculously high scoring that is going on around the county only serves to highlight those events where the scoring numbers are lower. And, in all candor, the top two teams had overall scores of 678.9028 & 678.2284 which are still pretty high. The 3rd Overall team posted a 661.5884 and scores from the rest of the field fell off gradually from there.

Back in 2006, when we started cooking, teams were looking to average about 160 points per category because in those days a 640 Overall score would seriously put you in contention for a GC. Nowadays, teams need to average 170 or more per category to have a shot at the title. Times have certainly changed!

Back