Jig saw blades ?

Lynn Dollar

TVWBB Emerald Member
I have two very old jig saws. For Christmas when I was 14 yo, I asked my parents for a jig saw and amazingly, I've still got it and it still works. That had to be circa 1966. When my Dad passed in 96 , I got a jig saw he'd purchased at some time. I've no idea how old it is. Its at least 30 years old.

I'm looking at blades on Amazon, and it appears they're different than what these saws take ? Have they changed over the years ? I need a blade that will cut aluminum, like a pizza pan.

20210928_172924.jpg

20210928_173636.jpg

I have two very old jig saws. For Christmas when I was 14 yo, I asked my parents for a jig saw and amazingly, I've still got it and it still works. That had to be circa 1966. When my Dad passed in 96 , I got a jig saw he'd purchased at some time. I've no idea how old it is. Its at least 30 years old.

I'm looking at blades on Amazon, and it appears they're different than what these saws take ? Have they changed over the years ? I need a blade that will cut aluminum, like a pizza pan.

View attachment 38089

View attachment 38090
I have an old Stanley jigsaw that’s from the 60’s. The blades look like yours.

I got Bosch replacement blades at Home Depot, I brought the old blades to match them up

Ha. Been so long since I bought blades for (or used) my jigsaw that I did not know they made a change.

Looks like these will work with my saws ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G1RGRS5/?tag=tvwb-20

After more research, looks like I have to use a " U shank with a hole " .
The hard part is finding GOOD u-shank blades. They're getting harder and harder to find.

Lenox, one of the top blade makers, still produces u-shank blades with holes. They may be the only high-quality option these days. They're worth seeking out (and paying for).

View attachment 38089

View attachment 38090
I've got a Black & Decker that's 15 years old or so. The blades look the same. I got replacements at Ace Hardware.

What will you make with your vintage jigsaws?

When I use my vortex, I line the charcoal grate with aluminum foil even up on the sides of the Kettle. And I cut out the part inside the vortex. I think it not only helps clean up, but it directs air flow up through the vortex. Its PITA to do this, but I think its worth it.

I've got a 17" aluminum pizza pan. I'm gonna cut the center out to about 1/2" less diameter than the vortex. I will wrap this pan with foil. It will eliminate the most time consuming part and that's cutting out the center of the foil. I'm thinking it will make it much easier.

When I use my vortex, I line the charcoal grate with aluminum foil even up on the sides of the Kettle. And I cut out the part inside the vortex. I think it not only helps clean up, but it directs air flow up through the vortex. Its PITA to do this, but I think its worth it.

I've got a 17" aluminum pizza pan. I'm gonna cut the center out to about 1/2" less diameter than the vortex. I will wrap this pan with foil. It will eliminate the most time consuming part and that's cutting out the center of the foil. I'm thinking it will make it much easier.
I have bought the pizza pan too with this in mind. Curious to hear your thoughts on how well it works.

Back