Jiffy Corn Casserole

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
Found this today on the net and what's not to love about a recipe that uses 2 sticks of real butter, HUH?
icon_biggrin.gif
This one is on the to do list.

Jiffy Corn Casserole
2 Boxes Jiffy Cornbread Mix 8.5 oz
2 (11 oz) cans Green Giant Super sweet yellow & white corn drained
2 (14 3/4 oz) cans Delmonte Sweet creamed corn
2 C (16 oz) container sour cream
2 sticks melted Butter
1-1.5 tsp salt
1/2-3/4 tsp White pepper (preferred) or black

Mix ingredients and pour into a buttered 9x13x2 inch casserole dish/pan. Cook uncovered for 1 hour at 350º. You could add shredded cheddar or hot pepper jack if so desired along with bacon, onions, or whatever pleases you.
I did an edit here on the size of the jiffy mix and cans of corn. I used salted Butter but it still needed some. I'd say about 1-1.5 tsp. Also it's nice and sweet, I think some white pepper is in order here. I'd say 1/2-3/4 tsp. It's def a keeper, pretty good and took a whole 5 min to open the cans and mix up. So easy.

RIDEH-JiffyCornBread001.jpg

I made this tonight and it's a keeper. I did an Edit above to the ozs on the ingredients. I also added salt and pepper to the above recipe. This is really good and so easy to make. Enjoy.

JiffyCornBread002.jpg

I took the leftovers of this to work. The guys went bonkers over it. Everybody asked for the recipe, they just loved it, as well as I did. Try it sometime, it's really good. Def a keeper in my book.
icon_wink.gif
OBTW, it re-heated very well. Could not tell a difference in taste when re-heated.

Man that looks killer. Will have to try this one for sure.
icon_cool.gif

ETA what was the textre like? Was it cake like or more like a spoon bread?

Originally posted by Ken_K:
I tried this recipe yesterday. It was outstanding! I highly recommend it.
Ok, I've made this many times since first posting this recipe. Everybody that tried it loves it, very good in my book.
icon_smile.gif

Made it for a dinner with my mom's church group. She couldn't believe how much of it they ate.

It's a keeper for sure.

oh man is this good. i made some earlier this week with some pork chops. i added some fresh diced jalapenos and topped with cheddar. delicious.

Let's bring this recipe thread back...hello Covid-19 pandemic 2020!

I made this recipe today. It was pretty good, but a little gummy. Interestingly, the longer it sat, the better the texture, perhaps due to residual cooking and/or cooling. Still, an easy and enjoyable dish.

IMG_0254[1].JPG

IMG_0258[1].JPG

IMG_0257[1].JPG

However, research shows 1) it's a doubled recipe of the original Jiffy back-of-box recipe; 2) it's missing eggs used in the original recipe; and 3) the wet ingredients should be combined first before gently adding the corn muffin mix, salt, and pepper--don't just dump everything in a big bowl and vigorously stir like I did. :)

The authentic recipe uses 2 eggs, this doubled recipe would need 4 eggs. I wonder if four eggs would puff up and overflow a standard 9x13x2 casserole pan? Maybe that's why the eggs were dropped?

Anyway, I'm going to try the authentic Jiffy Spoon Bread Casserole recipe to see how it compares. I think the eggs will make a big difference.

Last edited:

Back