Jamaican Jerked Baby Backs

Thanks everyone!

"...what kind of jerk marinade."
Mike, The Jerk Paste was Walkerswood. I finally found it in a local market. It was quite good for being a commercial product but I think I like my version a bit more although I'm not sure it would qualify as completely "traditional". Usually have to settle for using Habaneros since I've yet to find any Scotch Bonnets locally. Have to find my notes and make up a batch to do a side by side. Now if I could only grow a Pimento tree in CT...

Thanks everyone!

"...what kind of jerk marinade."
Mike, The Jerk Paste was Walkerswood. I finally found it in a local market. It was quite good for being a commercial product but I think I like my version a bit more although I'm not sure it would qualify as completely "traditional". Usually have to settle for using Habaneros since I've yet to find any Scotch Bonnets locally. Have to find my notes and make up a batch to do a side by side. Now if I could only grow a Pimento tree in CT...

Thanks, it is good stuff, I need to build a greenhouse and grow some pimento trees.

Great lookin' ribs! I love jerk pork and chicken, and I'll definitely be doing these soon.

The allspice berries for smoking sounds very interesting, and creative. Do you think it added much?

That plate is.....Jammin, I'd like to be Jammin wit you! Jammin! Great photos and awesome looking finished product Marc. Thanks for sharing!

"The allspice berries for smoking sounds very interesting, and creative. Do you think it added much?"
Todd, It sure smelled good while it smoked! It definitely made a contribution but I think I need to maintain the duration of the berries smoke. The foil packs seem to go pretty quick. I have to experiment a bit more with the technique. Maybe a heavier foil pouch and perhaps mixing in a bit of apple chips to help extend the smoke duration of the berries.
Seeing that there appears to be only one source of Pimento wood and that the cost (with shipping) is $70 for five pounds (think $14/lb!), I'll be sticking with the berries for the foreseeable future.

Back