Jacob's Meat Market BRATS

The brat selection around here is so lame compared to what I used to get in MN. I'd go to the local meat market and get brats they made right there such as cheddar, wild rice, jalapeno, beer brats etc. Here half the brats they sell are chicken for the health nuts. Even the meat market (Siesels) has limited selection. Guess they're just not nearly as popular.

Here's where I used to go: stjosephmeatmarket dot com

Anyhow, I think I'll create a brat thread becasue we could all benefit from some brat cooking discussion, me thinks.

Thanks Jim

Those Jacobs brats look good enough to make the drive up to Appleton to pick some up. After all of this snow melts of course.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TroyRedington:
I haven't eaten a johnsonville brat since I discovered Usinger's brats. They're made in milwaukee, but available at a few grocery stores here in Rockford. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I go right by Usinger's on the train. Love the smells when they are smoking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">have you ever tried Stoneridge Brats from Wautoma? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no i have not... I've been to Wautoma many times, never heard of Stoneridge.
Been to "GRIMMS ONE MORE & I GOTTA GO" and had a Packer/Badger Burger, butt no brats.
Have relatives in Wild Rose, gonna hafta callem and havem send me some Stoneridge Brats.
Thanks for the heads up Tim!

Whoa.... wait a minute now John...
Everyone knows Abe Froeman is The Sausage King and i don't think he's German
icon_wink.gif

Back