I've got the 16lb Chuck Roll on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B. F.

You may make it yet. Went back to my cooking log and you made it to 165 an hour faster than I did last week. (I foiled at 161.)

Go baby go. I'm pulling for ya'

There are other folks on this forum that can do a better job than I of telling you how to post pictures.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ROB O:
Hello B. F.

You may make it yet. Went back to my cooking log and you made it to 165 an hour faster than I did last week. (I foiled at 161.)

Go baby go. I'm pulling for ya'

There are other folks on this forum that can do a better job than I of telling you how to post pictures. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it's at 170 right now and the grill is at 255. I think I'm going to make it. It was rough trying to foil this thing. It's trying to get me to eat it right now! It's almost falling apart!

Ok, I think I figured out the picture thing. Here's the chuck at 165 just before I wrapped it. I'm not a good picture taker...but hopefully you'll get the idea of how good it looks.

B, Take it out of the oven and let it rest till ready to pull. Chuckie will still be plenty hot when you go to pull it.
icon_smile.gif
Remeber there's alot of veins and nasties in the Chuck Roll. Allow extra time for pulling.
icon_wink.gif
Bryan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan S:
B, Take it out of the oven and let it rest till ready to pull. Chuckie will still be plenty hot when you go to pull it.
icon_smile.gif
Remeber there's alot of veins and nasties in the Chuck Roll. Allow extra time for pulling.
icon_wink.gif
Bryan <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'tis pulled and tasty! I'll post pictures in a bit when folks leave. (that is if the other posting worked).
icon_wink.gif

Ok, fine. I guess I have no clue how to post pics! I tried what I thouht worked. Oh, well....I'll email the pics if anyone wants to see them!
icon_smile.gif
Take care all.'

-b

B. Here's how you do it with shutterfly.

click on share the album.

email a set to yourself.

Then you have a choice.

In the shutterfly window it will post a link.

you can copy and paste that link to the forum.

Or, if you have trouble finding the link wait for the email to arrive in your mailbox.

Then you can copy and paste the link that arrives in your email.

I made the exact same mistakes first time I tried.

Glad your CRoll turned out great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jack Straw:
Man that looks good! What are you using for a sauce? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In those pictures I hadn't added sauce yet. The sauce I made is basically a generic molasses based sauce with some heat thrown in.

It was:

1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup vinegar
1/3 cup peanut oil
4tbsp worcestershire
1/2 tsp tabasco
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried mustard
1 bay leaf (crumbled)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp celery salt....

While the sauce simmers, I add a habenero for a few minutes and remove it. It seems to work out great.

-b

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
Pic's look great!! I hope mine looks as good as yours! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Larry...it's the best chuck I've ever cooked. The coals stayed on range the whole time. At 9ish in the morning I had to add a couple of handfulls but it was just a cautionary measure, the temperature wasn't waning.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Every Saturday....my house! C'mon over! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
B.,
You are very lucky me or alot of the guys don't live closer. Because you may have a house full right about now!! I am like you, the more the merrier!

What I'd forgotten to photograph (lotsa beers in me)...was that when the chuck was done I threw a cut-up chicken and two racks of babyback ribs on. Those were done around 5:30...it was good eatin'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back