It's so beautiful

TJMartin

TVWBB Member
This 7 1/4 lb'r has been on since 4am this morning, almost 11 hrs in. Stands at 185 degrees for an internal temp, my mouth is watering. I usually take it off around 190-195, however I have seen people who have posted saying they take them off at 190, 198, 200, 205, 210, whatever their magical number is they swear by, I think I'm going to shoot for 205 this time and see how it is. What's your magical number you swear by?

It was a very chilly start to my morning getting up at 3 to fire up the Mini smoker while it was in the mid 30's.

BRING ON THE WINTER, SNOW ISN'T GOING TO STOP ME FROM BBQ'N!

Great looking butt. I wish I had one going right now!

I don't temp butts anymore. I'm with Bill. I go with the probe test. Enjoy your PP!!!

Mike

"pull it when a probe slides in like butter" I don't temp. butts but as a result of using the thermo as a probe it's usually in the 205+... Like it really falling apart. Nice thing is you can be plus or minus a lot (couple hours (assuming low cooking temp)) and still have a great product.

I ended up pulling it at 194, it was probe tender, like butter!

Now it sits wrapped and in a cooler until ready to pull. While I have some ABT's cooking on the kettle, with some baked beans. Not homemade ones though, I haven't ventured into that yet.

Nice work TJ. The WSM works year round. Nothing like PP with a foot of snow on the ground when the time comes.

Back