Its Friday! Had to do wings! First time with wings!

S.Six

TVWBB All-Star
Alright, I seen a few post on wings and had to go out and get some fresh wings. Love buffalo so that was a must, but I also love teriyaki, so I did both. Marinade in Frank's red hot buffalo sauce, and for the teriyaki just made up something from what I had around the house(a little soy sauce, rice vinegar, minced garlic, onion powder, ginger, honey, chili powder, little salt, little pepper, white cooking wine. Something like that.)
DSCN3673_zpsa45fe24d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Let that brew for about 3hrs. Then on the WSM.
DSCN3674_zps8738105d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Teri in the front, buffalo in back. Smoke with some apple wood.
DSCN3676_zps1235214a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
about 1.5hrs later sauce'em! As you can see I don't have the water pan in there. I started out with it in there, but it was taking to long so I took it out. I think that's the way I'll do wings from now on. Its the best of both worlds, like indirect and direct at the same time.
DSCN3681_zpsbcea7746.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Plate it up with some blue cheese and fries. It was GOOOD! The buffalo was the bomb!

Those are some good looking wing's,,, By the way i never use the water pan for wing's-cornish game hens-whole chickens/peices or rib's see no need to either & get great result's.

Very nice. Hmmmm, I have some wings in the freezer, guess they need to come out after viewing your's.................d

Back