It's always good to remember BBQ safery procedures.

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
What happened this evening could have been a disaster had I not remembered to follow the proper safety procedures.

Earlier this evening I put some asparagus on the Genesis to cook and walked back into the kitchen. Both the back and middle burners were on Medium. A few minutes later I went back out to check on the asparagus and it wasn't cooked like it should have been. Hmm.

Turns out there was no flame from either burner and I could hear the gas coming out of them. I immediately turned off the gas from the tank and turned off both burners. I opened both side doors as well as leaving the lid up and went back inside and waited a good 10 minutes. After 10 minutes passed, I went back outside and turned the tank back on and relit the grill. No problems at all and the asparagus was done within 5 minutes.

It was really windy outside so the wind just put out both burners even though the lid was closed.

I burners were only out for a few minutes at most but I was not about to take any chances which is why I waited 10 minutes before relighting the grill.

Anyway just a reminder to ALWAYS follow proper safety procedures when BBQ'ing.

Now time to go out and finish cooking the brats that are smoke roasting in the OTG :)

Glad you're ok Brian. Always a smart move to play it safe and follow proper procedures. Thanks for the reminder.

Thank goodness your safe Brian, don't be adding to the smoke that we have here in Medford Or.

Thanks. The smoke has certainly been an issue and will remain that way for a while. It's not too bad down here tonight as the wind has pushed most of it to the north and east.

Stick with charcoal!!! :)

Glad you stayed 'calm' and reacted smart about it. Glad your safe

Back