It is a good deal but....

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Platinum Member
I found this on Craigslist but I don't really need it to keep and I don't think I would get much for a flip. But for some reason I feel like it's a good deal.
In case ad is down
red head.JPG

Pretty good shape. If you are looking for one that is pretty much ready to go, that would be a decent deal. Otherwise, if you are looking for a project, I would look for something less expensive. The shelves look in good shape but the handle looks like it has seen better days.

I like the ad, they guy has a sense of history and humor. Dan, how is the wood worth $100?
Well, the handles specifically are hard to come by (in my experience). And making one isn't really something I could accomplish given time/tools/knowledge constraints.

The slats, while much more doable, are a decent amount of labor to make too.

Well, the handles specifically are hard to come by (in my experience). And making one isn't really something I could accomplish given time/tools/knowledge constraints.

The slats, while much more doable, are a decent amount of labor to make too.
Are you suggesting I buy it to part out and sell on eBay or FB?

Are you suggesting I buy it to part out and sell on eBay or FB?
Uuuuuh maybe. Probably not. Unless that's something you really enjoy.

I'm mostly suggesting it's worth it if you're someone who really likes vintage Weber grills in original condition, isn't particularly handy, and doesn't already have wood handles and slats. In that case, this is a gold mine.

Fitty bucks!? Daaaaaang! Nice score, now you can have a dedicated spinner!
I need to find one more curb prize so I can make another double barreled over performer with a Vortex kettle on one end and a “Pizzaque”/ spinner on the other. And the addiction simply grows!

I need to find one more curb prize so I can make another double barreled over performer with a Vortex kettle on one end and a “Pizzaque”/ spinner on the other. And the addiction simply grows!
Thinking of you Timothy. This just came up, but the last old one I sold I only got $20 for so I'm gonna skip this one.

In fact the one I bought was such a dedicated spinner that he screwed it into the kettle!

Back