Is this a weber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TroyRedington

TVWBB All-Star
I snagged this little guy a few nights ago while out walking my dog. It sure felt weird carrying it for a block, but it felt like the right thing to do. I assumed it was an old smokey joe, but now i'm not so sure.

It doesn't say "Weber" on it ANYWHERE. All of the daisy wheels are blank except for a single letter marking "A" on the top vent, and the letter "B" on all 3 bottom vents.

It looks, and feels like a weber though.

Images should click through to larger versions. Sorry for low quality images. Its dark. Garage is cold. I was barefoot and wearing boxers. :\

ok, so apparently my camera is better than my eyes. I'm pretty sure it says "Weber" on the wooden handle. It's hard to see with the naked eye, but i put some paper over it and rubbed it with a pencil and it certainly LOOKS like a "weber"

great find. mini smoker is a great idea. if the area where the legs bolt on to the body are badly rusted, just use some ss fender washers.

You know what I realized as i was leaving the house a while ago, there's a big metal bowl INSIDE of the charcoal bowl.

The charcoal grate is missing, and there's a big pan type bowl - also black - fits almost perfectly in there.

I don't own a WSM, but it LOOKs like a water pan from a WSM.

will post some pics and measurements when i get home.

i'm at my kids' dance lessons right now. feel my pain yet?

i've been here for 2 hours. I'm hungry. Thirsty. And my laptop battery is about to die. I'll be here for 20 more minutes, then I have to go get groceries at an overcrowded grocery store on the night before thanksgiving.
Feel my pain now?

So.. i'll post pics and stuff tonight, if i don't kill myself or end up in jail =D

that was not a hostile post btw
icon_smile.gif

just having a bad day, and i'm hopped up on caffeine - so i'm a bit punchy (but smiling)

no aggression towards you guys though! This site has become my crutch lately.

I think i read every thread in the harry soo area today.

I would be interested in seeing the bowl inside the kettle.

It sounds like it could be an ash pan, are there any holes around the ridge of the bowl?

Sears/Weber had an Economy 22" Kettle that had the daisy vents and an ash tray in it. I found one on craigslist, sacrificed it to the drum smoker gods, but kept ash pan and sometimes use it in one of my Cajun Bandits for low n' slow cooks. This model is still listed in the Weber schematics link, but the pan is not in stock.

If yours is similar, I think it would be an ideal candidate for a Smoker Joe or Mini Cajun Bandit conversion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Moriarty:
I would be interested in seeing the bowl inside the kettle.

It sounds like it could be an ash pan, are there any holes around the ridge of the bowl?

Sears/Weber had an Economy 22" Kettle that had the daisy vents and an ash tray in it. I found one on craigslist, sacrificed it to the drum smoker gods, but kept ash pan and sometimes use it in one of my Cajun Bandits for low n' slow cooks. This model is still listed in the Weber schematics link, but the pan is not in stock.

If yours is similar, I think it would be an ideal candidate for a Smoker Joe or Mini Cajun Bandit conversion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I gave a Sears Economy ash pan to Mac. They are a pretty cool design. Have you used it yet Mac?

Nice find Troy? Where did you get it exactly? Was someone throwing it away? I think I would take it apart, clean it up really good and paint it professionally with a yellow or red. Then display it as a looker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back