Is this a good deal?

Alejandro DK

TVWBB Fan
Weber Gold One-Touch 26-1/2-Inch Kettle Grill, Black, used few times for 150 bucks? The listing on CL Has been on for two weeks, he is asking 200 bucks, I offered him 100 and he replied "150 and it's yours" I do have the 22,5 inch kettle but wanted a little more of real state space.
F29C25D2-5256-4D22-ADF2-CFBB8AAFE046_zpsxuxr5di0.jpg

Dude, I would be over there with the $150 very quickly if it was near me (assuming it has no major issues). They just do not come up for sale on Craigslist very often, and when they do they sell very quickly. He knows what he has, which means he probably took care of it.

Half price for a kettle that shows up once for every twenty 22.5 One Touch kettles. Maybe once per 50...?!?!?!

That's a newer (2011 or later) model that looks to be nearly perfect. If you're anywhere near serious about it, GRAB IT. You'll likely not find one of these on CL (at this price) for years.

If you happen to have buyer's remorse later, you can always resell for what you paid for it .

I have to agree with you all...they do not show up often on CL. I also think it is a good deal, the problem is that my wife doesn't think so! LOL, I will show her your messages to see if she changes her mind. She has a good argument though, we do not need the extra space. There is another one in very good shape for 200 dollars too, that one has been for sale for a month but the owner would not lower the price. Maybe they do not sell quickly here in Ohio, or it is just because the end of the summer is near...I don't know, anyway thank you all for your input!

don't hesitate. craigslist snipers seem to know right when i'm about to pounce and i've been 10 minutes too late a lot.

good luck! it looks minty!

Thanks Greg, well it has been listed for two weeks, maybe people think it is a 22 1/2 inch!

i wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. i've used webers as a novice for 30+ years and i'm sure the greater grilling public isn't as in tune with the different models as most of the forum members are. i didn't know they made one bigger than the 22.5 until very recently as i typically never saw them in stores, or paid much attention to them if i did walk past one.

good luck with that one, i'd like one at some point.

Back