Is the WSM all wet?

Folks--

The information/enlightentment here is terrific, including the book recommendations. I'm learning a lot. Nice thing is, it's Saturday which means today I finally start cooking and stop reading! Here's another gem I found---

from Backyard BBQ: The Art of Smokology
by Richard W. McPeake

"...[Dry smokers compared to wet smokers] are easier to maintain temperatures for longer periods of time....Water smokers are commonly used when shorter periods of cooking time is required and for thinner cuts of meats. Most water smokers will be harder to raise to the 225 degree mark because of the water vapors in the internal smoker. The smokers are ideal for items that require less heat and shorter cooking times."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KeithAdv:
Folks--

from Backyard BBQ: The Art of Smokology
by Richard W. McPeake

"...[Dry smokers compared to wet smokers] are easier to maintain temperatures for longer periods of time....Water smokers are commonly used when shorter periods of cooking time is required and for thinner cuts of meats. Most water smokers will be harder to raise to the 225 degree mark because of the water vapors in the internal smoker. The smokers are ideal for items that require less heat and shorter cooking times." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess that's true if you consider 22 to 26 hour cooks, "shorter" and 14 pounds of pork, "thinner" cuts. /boggle.

Hard to get to 225???? ROFL.

KiethAdv, please stop digging up these "nuggets"....They're only fool's gold.

Rath *seeing is believing BBQ'r*

Finally, finally did my first cook today. Big success. Threw a cheap oven thermometer on the top grid for the fun of it. Use Wiviott's method to start and was rock steady at 250 degrees.

I wonder how much wrong crap I would have in my head right now if I had only the advice of "expert" books instead of this site. :-o

Back