Is the One Touch Gold worth the extra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately if you are cooking on a wood deck or over dry grass and leaves. I have a OTS and a Performer. With the OTS I always fill the little dish with water to put out any larger embers that fall out before they can blow away. Also today I built a cold smoker using my Performer (see post elsewher in this discussion) that would have been impossible with a OTS.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gerd Hilkemeyer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greg Vaillancourt:
Another point about the Gold design:

IF you live in a windy area I think it cuts down on the wind's influence on your cook. The bowl covers the bottom vents a bit and just seems to cut down on the turbulent effect the wind has.

Or, I may be whacked.
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is my question on the gold though, never having used one. Assuming wind is NOT a factor, does that ash pan bowl restrict air "too much" for a wide open throttle cook? It just seems like a big difference over a OTS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ive never had a problem, wind dead calm this evening and no problem hitting 500 to sear steaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back