Is Super Tweet working for you?

Dan Francis

TVWBB Fan
Last cook (3 weeks ago), I used the Stoker and twitter just for the fun of it and was surprised at how much I liked this feature. It worked great. Yesterday I was bench fooling around with 2 routers comparing dd-wrt and tomato firmware. Both worked great for everything except twitter. I would get two tweets then no more with both of them. I don't know if its my firewall or Supertweet or what. I am getting two tweets so things must be set up correctly. Anybody else have this problem?

Dan

Supertweet is working fine for me. One thing I know for a fact is that when I was trying to set it up, unless my Stoker is set to DHCP the Twitter feature does not work.

Thanks for the responses. It just might be DHCP ( I don't know why ). When I did my cook and everything worked I am pretty sure I had a static IP set up on my home Uverse router. When I was bench testing the other 2 routers it was definately set up with DHCP. It just threw me that I would get two tweets then nothing. But it looks like I am not alone. I'll try again with static IP's when I get the chance and report back. Thanks again. Dan

OK, I just reread your post. It seems it only works for you using DHCP. I guess I'm back to square 1. Unless I am remembering how I set it up backwards. It is heck getting old! Dan

OK, Twitter is working great, but this is not what I expected to be the reason. I tried again bench testing with the same results in my first post but this time I just let it go and discovered that maybe every thirty or forty minutes I would get a tweet, I had it set up to tweet every 10 minutes. I had one probe plugged in so I decided to plug in all three probes I have. It started tweeting every 10 minutes for two hours like clockwork! I unplugged one of the probes and tweets stopped, plugged it back in and tweets started back up. When I did my cook and everything worked perfect I only used two probes - pit and food temp. There must be a minimum data size packet for twitter or supertweet to be reliable and the fact that the pit temp was in the hundreds (and eventually food) during my actual cook rather than 75 degrees on the bench made the data size a little larger and it went through every time (?) I'm just guessing. Does this make sense to anyone? Hope this helps others with the same issue. My setup is with a static IP on the stoker, Linksys WRT54G v3 with DD-WRT in client bridge mode. Dan

Back