Is it against forum rules?

Darian Hofer

TVWBB Pro
Is it against the forum rules to start a post with Smokefire related accessories that are more economical or unique other than the Weber brand?
I know Chris has a pinned post above but it looks restricted to Weber name brand only.

Is it against the forum rules to start a post with Smokefire related accessories that are more economical or unique other than the Weber brand?
I know Chris has a pinned post above but it looks restricted to Weber name brand only.
there's lots of products that are not Weber OEM parts listed herein. Chris uses an Amazon specific link so the site earns a commission for Amazon sales. But products bought needn't be Weber branded, or Weber OEM.

Last edited:
I'm not the boss, and so I don't make the rules, yet I see two kinds of threads around non-weber items.

Discussion around them; are they good? do they suck? is this a good deal compared to that part? etc. These tend to be in the forum that fits the item.

The other kind of thread is when one of these goes on sale. These tend to be in the:

Buy, Sell, Trade Grills & Gear forum

Post grills, smokers, and accessories you want to buy, sell, or trade. Store sale prices should also be posted in this forum. Businesses may not post to promote or sell their own products.

there's lost of products that are not Weber OEM parts listed herein. Chris uses an Amazon specific link so the site earns a commission for Amazon sales. But products bought needn't be Weber branded, or Weber OEM.
I understand that members post about non Weber items here and there. But wouldn’t it be nice if they were included in the pinned post above? I’m sure Chris could also link non Weber brand accessories to Amazon, but it appears he chooses not to do this. That’s why I was asking.

I think Chris posted that when the grill was new and folks were asking about accessories. It was a good addition at the time but time moves on. There's posts on all of the different equipment forums here about 3rd party accessories and mods. Go ahead and post what You're thinking about. It's NOT against the rules.

I think Chris posted that when the grill was new and folks were asking about accessories. It was a good addition at the time but time moves on. There's posts on all of the different equipment forums here about 3rd party accessories and mods. Go ahead and post what You're thinking about. It's NOT against the rules.
Yeah I wanna buy something!

Yeah, no worries. Posting other useful accessories is fine as long as you're not financially invested in them.

And I've unstuck that old SmokeFire accessories thread.
Thanks Chris.
I think pinning the accessory on top is a great idea for all the grill types. Helps new users easily find useful, grill specific gear. You run a clean forum and visibly interact. You should make the links easy to find and get the comp for the thousands of hours you spend keeping this forum running.

Back