Is cherry wood, cherry wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve M.

TVWBB Fan
Not sure if this is one of those "Duh !" questions or not.

There are two types of cherry wood that I am familar with. One from the fruit tree, and the other from, what I will call, the wild cherry (native to much of the Southeastern US and used for furniture, etc.).

Which one is used by the Q Crew? My guess either is OK. Could be one is superior to the other.

(I want to know because, I'm watching a neighbors "fruit" cherry tree about to fall over. Being the good neighbor I am, I'll of course offer to cut it up for her)

Thanks in advance.

Steve,

Good question. I don't know the answer, but I just found cherry chunks locally, at a place selling "Chigger Creek Products" and it is labelled "Wild Cherry."

Steve,

Looks like you are a typical B.O.B. (BBQ Obsessive Disorder)sufferer. You fit #6 of the top ten ways to tell...

#6 Your neighbors find their fruit trees mysteriously pruned overnight...
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Steve...

I had a large wild cheery tree growing in my yard. I hired a crew to cut it and several other trees down. I saved two large logs from the wild cheery to cut up for smoking. They are drying now and I plan on using them this winter. The tree surgeon told me it made wonderful wood for smoking meat. I will let you know in a couple of months if he's right.

Cheers!!!

Bugg /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ...waiting for the wood to dry

I assumed wild cherry trees produced cherries too, although maybe smaller. The package has a drawing of two cherries on it!

Seems like a 'real' fruit tree would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back