Invitation to make lump charcoal

Mike Willsey

TVWBB Member
I've been thinking of inviting folks to participate in making homemade lump charcoal plus have a get together cook out here at my home. So, here is an invite.

>amwil<

I have 2 - 55 gallon drums and a pile of split oak and a pile of hickory brush.

>@<

I live about 40 minutes South of Charlotte, NC from 45 as you go South on Providence Road towards Waxha, NC.

>comporium<

Don't have a date set yet so that can be adjusted, email me at,

>.net<

Mike Willsey

oh man, I wish I lived closer to SC... would love to make some lump...

you guys will have to take pictures of the occasion for us all...

You going to use a 30 gal drum as a retort inside a 55 or you using the 55's as retorts and build a block structure around them?

I like to try it, but I'm on the other side of the state.

Have fun with that.
My father-in-law and I have wanted to try it for a while now. We were going to go with the 2 55's in a block house. Had it all planned out BUT... my wife and mother-in-law put the kibash on that whole plan. They think we'll burn down half the town or something.

They think we'll burn down half the town or something.

Some people have no sense of humor.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Cole:
You going to use a 30 gal drum as a retort inside a 55 or you using the 55's as retorts and build a block structure around them?

I like to try it, but I'm on the other side of the state. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This time I'm going to use two 55 gallon drums within a walled struture, I used the drum within a drum the last time, and before that I used a single 55 gallon drum standing upright with dirt around the base.

Back