Interesting new product

Wow, that is very promising. Seems like HeaterMeter would be able to reduce it's footprint significantly using this as it would eliminate the need for the Raspberry Pi and still have all the functionality.

It's not a bad device. If they had released it 2 years ago I would be all over it. As it stands, it's half the processing power, 1/8th the RAM, and 1/50th the storage you get for roughly the same price as the Pi+Wifi+SD Card+ATmega. It's pretty cool but doesn't seem to have any advantages.

I wasn't suggesting replacing the current HM design, just thought it was cool that Arduino was addressing what drove this community to mate a micro controller to a linux SoC and make their own.

I agree! I just wish it would have come out sooner. I couldn't understand how it was possible that you could buy a wifi router for under $20 (with power supply) and there was nothing for hobbyists like it. I guess that's why the WRT54GL was so popular, because it was so easy to hack.

Absolutely, I remember those days turning a linksys int a real VPN endpoint and saving hundreds. I really hope this product succeeds, if so there will be clones and much more powerful ones.

Back