Indirect Burgers on the Performer

~Mark~

TVWBB Pro
Today I'm going to make some bunless burgers on the Performer.
I'm thinking of Jalapeno peppers minced into the meat along with some good extra sharp white cheddar with Weber's Gourmet Burger seasoning.
I'll cook them indirect at about 350.
I'm going to dress up some baked beans with some Yuengling Black & Tan barbecue sauce and put them in a CIS under the burgers to catch the drippings.
Lastly on another CIS I'm going to make asparagus with button portables.

Mark, what is your purpose for going indirect with a burger? Grill em direct for nice grill marks, color and flavor!

Mark are you going to grill them direct for the nice outer layer afterwards or no?
Bill,
I've done it both ways, but tonight I got hungry and pulled them.

Mark, what is your purpose for going indirect with a burger? Grill em direct for nice grill marks, color and flavor!
Bob,
When I do smaller burgers I'll cook them hot and hard, but these were half pound each, and I've done them direct before, but by the time the inside is done the outside get's a little crisp for my wife's taste.

Take pics if you can. I'm curious to see how it comes out.
Tony,
You asked for it, here you go.
I wish you could see the beans bubbling.
ry%3D480

I used cheep beans, added some of my BBQ sauce, a Jalapeno and onion minced micro fine, some Franks and about two shots of Captain Morgan's Black.

ry%3D480

I couldn't be happier with the results. Baked beans were nice and thick. The mushrooms and asparagus was tender and tasty, and the burgers were great. And the drink was half Captain Morgan's black and diet coke (Watchin' my figure you know)
All in all I was happy with the results on a rainy Saturday evening.

The burgers look delicious. You can't beat baked beans on the grill.
I've always wondered about doing baked beans on the Weber, but was always afraid of turning the cast iron skillet into a sticky mess. I read a few threads here, and gave it a try. I'll never make them any other way.

Back