In Defense of Kingsford

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dale Perry:
I have used Kingsford for years. Never has failed me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Me either. It does a great job of lighting my Lump.
icon_wink.gif

Jim, could you please tell dura to send myself and bryan a few bags.....see bryan all you have to do is ask....ok im just kidding...

but it was a great article chris, camparison and all... nicely dont, like i said before.. take care

oh the fairfield comp is this weekend...ah man.. i went last year but this year im still in ny....uch.. wont be in la till the 18th.. oh well...much luck.. take care

I use the cowboy brand lump in my home made smoker, largely because of its very low ash. My relatively primitive setup does not work well when ash builds up.

I suspect a WSM would handle ash much better than my home made smoker, so Kingsford would probably be good in that smoker... I need to get me one of those WSMs.

For my Dutch ovens I use Kingsford because it is a very uniform product, the burn time matches well to typical cooking times, and heavy ash build up (like Kingsford produces) is only a minor problem with Dutch oven cooking.

Today Wallmart had Royal Oak briquettes on sale, 40 lb for $7.50, so I bought some.

Back