Important Question -- Glossy or Flat Black?

I prefer a more gloss finish. I use Rustoleum Ultra Semi Gloss on all my rehabs. I have tried the Krylon line and really like it as well but it is not nearly as available around here as Rustoleum.

Gloss is usually easier to clean up. If you take kitchen and bath paint, it normally comes in the more glossy varieties as it is easier to clean.

Done. Shipped UPS today. In return, you have officially been recruited into my quest in search of a pristine 8006 control panel cover. Happy painting and please report back with your thoughts and comments on the Krylon.
Look forward to getting out there with the Krylon. If I run across a pristine 8006, will set it aside for you.

I'm a bit dead in the water until the paint shows up and until I manage to procure a nice handle. Until then, I'll work on cleaning out the 2000 and maybe seeing if I can do anything with its weathered wood planks. Also will check into cutting down a nice piece of cedar which would make really lovely slats.

What is an 8006 control panel cover?
I think I have a couple nice ones. But not covers. But the panels
I was probably overly verbose. It is the panel itself that I’m looking for. I’m taking a chance on one that DanHoo is sending me in hopes that it’s in good enough condition for my needs. I’ve got a whackadoodle lady who wants a trophy grill to decorate her Adirondack themed great room at her McMansion / 11000sf camp. It’s going to sit under the vintage Old Town canoe hanging from the ceiling and next to the full black bear mount that dominates an adjacent wall. I’m actually having the frame powder coated and the cook box / end caps cerakoted to give you an idea of just how overdone she wants it to be....all on a grill that they will never cook on.

At the other end of the spectrum from crazy Adirondack lady, here's a wooden handle that had cracked. Gluing it back together, we'll see how it finishes.
IMG_20220217_163041.jpgIMG_20220217_163034.jpgIMG_20220217_163021.jpg

Also have this plastic handle from the 1000-LX that I'll keep around in case I get tired of dealing with wood. Not sure how to clean it up, though. The stains are hard to remove.IMG_20220217_173121.jpgIMG_20220217_173124.jpg

Yep, that will do it for the plastic handle. On that wood handle, you will have to really sand the area around the crack with the glue or the glue will prevent any stain or finish from penetrating the wood in that area.

Yep, that will do it for the plastic handle. On that wood handle, you will have to really sand the area around the crack with the glue or the glue will prevent any stain or finish from penetrating the wood in that area.
What does sanding accomplish when the glue goes all the way through?

I like the Grill Out Light, you can still find them on ebay from time to time. Bruce helped me find this one.

Platinum Grill Out Light.jpg

Back