I'm switching my charcoal brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Freiberger

TVWBB All-Star
SingefordCharcoal.jpg

Who's with me?

This is from a competitor of Topp's Wacky Packages from 1979. The art's not as good, but the subject matter appealed to me.

Bill

I remember buying those as a kid. I miss the seventies.
icon_frown.gif

I think that's why so many of us love these older Webers. For me they bring back memories seeing them being used at the neighbors. We had a brick one my Dad built and I still have the utensils from it. I am also still friends with the new owners and they are keeping it in the back. I remember we rarely ever used it, but when we did my Dad made a pretty mean T-Bone. Hey, maybe I will surprise him and make him one soon.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
I miss the seventies.
icon_frown.gif

I think that's why so many of us love these older Webers.
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since you said that, I'm going to tell you my dirty, little secret. I love the smell of lighter fluid. There I said it. It reminds me of barbecues in the 60s and 70s. Because I know better, I never use lighter fluid, but it always makes me smile when a neighbor does.

Bill

Hey, I bet we all used lighter fluid at one time or another.. It was pretty cool to add a bit of extra fluid and watch it burn.. Oops, did I say that our loud? Lol..

@ Shaun, are you going to make your dad a brick bbq or a T-bone?.. more lol..

My dad still has his original gas Weber.
He gave me the red 22" that he had. (I gave it away a long time ago when I went over to the dark side. (Bought a gas bbq) But I found my way back and use real fire to cook with now.
icon_cool.gif

Man, I miss the 70's too!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AJ S.:
@ Shaun, are you going to make your dad a brick bbq or a T-bone?.. more lol..

My dad still has his original gas Weber.
He gave me the red 22" that he had. (I gave it away a long time ago when I went over to the dark side. (Bought a gas bbq) But I found my way back and use real fire to cook with now.
icon_cool.gif

Man, I miss the 70's too! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Probably the T-bone steak TJ.
icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe that's the 22 I got for you?
icon_cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back