I'm considering getting a new Wok........

This site has a nice selection and decent prices. Have had great service from them http://www.wokshop.com/products_main.html

I just received my wok and accessories from The Wok Shop and the service and advice from Ms. Tane Chan are second to none. You won't go wrong there. The wok measures 14 inches at the rim and is flat bottomed, exactly what's recommended for domestic use with an electric stovetop. I also got the lid, tempura rack, steaming rack and long cooking chopsticks.

And another book I'd highly recommend is entitled THE BREATH OF A WOK. One recipe that captured my eye was chicken and eggs smoked in the wok itself. Now that's something I'm gonna' show these homeboys here in the deep south.

To smoke, the wok and lid are lined with foil and make certain that the foil is in good contact with the bottom of the wok otherwise smoke won't occur. Add either chips or, for an asian influence, black tea leaves, long grain white rice and some sugar. Place a rack into the wok to set the pre-steamed chicken legs and soft boiled eggs, and cover. Turn up the heat. Once smoke is seen, continue for 2-4 minutes longer. But the longer the smoke, the more bitter the flavor as you all know. And this method is a bit abbreviated although very simple to do. Oh, and it's done on the stove top in the kitchen itself.

Last edited:

Back